Delta Academic Objectives - Reading Skills, Teacher's Book
Delta Academic Objectives: Reading Skills B2-C1, βιβλίο καθηγητή.
Βιβλίο προετοιμασίας για ανάγνωση και κατανόηση ακαδημαϊκού κειμένου.
Delta Academic Objectives: Reading Skills has been written to prepare students for academic reading, placing emphasis not only on extensive reading skills development, but also on continued language development through four main areas: Understanding the text, Critical thinking, Using the text and Language Focus.
The Teacher's Book contains all the notes to use with the Student's book. It contains the aims of each activity and the rationale behind each topic covered. Teachers are also provided an answer key to all activities plus additional teaching ideas.
Understanding the text activities develop essential comprehension skills, teaching students to further analyze texts and interpret standpoint and argument.
Critical thinking activities go on to actively develop students’ abilities to critically engage with a text, teaching them to assess the strength of an argument or its validity, and constantly challenge the ideas of others.
Using the text activities show students how to incorporate others’ ideas with their own to formulate arguments and conclusions in academic writing.
Language Focus sections help students develop their knowledge of lexis typical of academic texts, enabling them to understand a wider range of texts and transfer this knowledge into their writing.
- written for students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level
- themes relate to a wide range of common academic subject fields
- texts are both academic and common to everyday life, thus accessible to all students
- contains a section of exercises to practice vocabulary in the Academic Word List
- is supported by online resources consisting of a bank of extended reading texts with accompanying worksheets